Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Weekend and Me

So this weekend between work and football, this is a fine juggling act, with me living in Calif, the whole sporting world starts at 9 am out here. I came into this thing at first liking what I was doing. But as the website started growing, things got hectic. When I am on nights, the balancing act is sleeping, or waking up to catch my favorite football team at 1130 on a college game day, then take a power nap. Of course the later is the better. Sleep at times can be so over-rated.

Then comes the Pro Day on Sunday. Same thing? But with the hatred of the Pro's and the owners, sometimes, sleep is better. Doze in and out with my little 27" HD in the bedroom, nap all day. Check my fantasy players on the Android App. Life is better today than when I was a kid. I used to have to wait for the scores to flash on my 12" Black and White TV every 15 or 20 minutes, if I blink, I would miss the score. Today, Red Zone, Android Apps, and even TV, the NFL Network, I can know up to the minute what is going on.

I know I am getting old, I remember when my dad turned 50. But the TV wasn't much different than when he was a kid. A big antenna on the roof. Local Channels, we used to dream about getting a New York Channel on those right stormy days. I guess the big thing for him was watching Live TV. But Today, 100's of channels and sports. I love College Football Game day much more than the pro's. Watching all of the games from coast to coast. Live TV 24/7, news as it happens. Apps, internet sites, up to the second scoring. Wow. Do we even need a TV anymore?

Well, I guess it is off to work, I will update my fantasy team on my phone as the computer is off ;limits to non work issues. If I need to, I can Wi-Fi my phone or use my laptop. Who needs the company computer. I have an Android and a Mac Book. I can only wonder my my children will have when they are 50. I will pnder my TV question tonight.

No comments: